Every dog owner wants to feed his best friend with healthy foods to make them grow stronger and energetic. Feeding a dog can be quite expensive especially when buying feeds rich in quality nutrition from a store. Making dog recipes from home is very easy and quick and will help save money. Here is a simple apple dog biscuit recipe which can be tried at home.
apple dog treat recipe Ingredients
1 cup rye flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 apple seeds removed and finely chopped
1/2 cup water
1 large egg, beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tbsp flax seed
1/4 natural apple sauce
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, place 2 cups of whole wheat flour and add the finely chopped apples mixing with the flour.
- Mix 1/3 vegetable oil, beaten egg and add water, making sure they are well blended to bring out a stiff, dough form.
- Sprinkle flour on a kitchen surface and roll out the dough to a preferred thickness. Different patterns of biscuit cutters can be used to cut the dough into 2 or 2 1/2 dozen medium sized pieces. This will bring out different shapes and sizes of the biscuits. A knife can be used too in shaping the dough in sizeable patterns.
- Grease a biscuit sheet and place the pieces on it and put in the pre heated oven. The biscuits should bake for approximately 35 to 40 minutes until light or golden brown.
- Once they are cooked, the oven can be switched off, allowing the apple dog biscuits to harden thoroughly over night.
- To keep them fresh and crunchy, once they are removed from the oven, put them in an air tight reseal able plastic paper or a container with tight lid.
Providing such a healthy meal of apple dog biscuits will keep the dog away from diseases and be a happy guardian to every person’s life.